Take a Leap, Be Happy!
A few months back I was talking about Pursuit of familiar faces and happiness. On that day I was specially talking about the new place I was about to be a part of. Later I realized that, actually every single one of us is in the pursuit of happiness. That’s the only thing we learn without being taught. Babies cry and laugh. We try our best to keep them happy. I have witnessed how a whole family run behind a baby to make him happy. Happiness is something towards which we all run in frenzy. (Well,I know all this has been said a thousand times before, but I have only started the pursuit all by myself now. I thought it was going to be great). But just then reality hits us and we reach the rock bottom. We search in darkness. We are afraid of the darkness because we were never left to confront it all by ourselves. There was always the luxury of a candle or a light of some sort. We are blindfolded by the light in front of us. Our loved ones make it sure that,they avert all such situations that are going to give us a reality check. They never let us try it for ourselves.
And then a time comes when all of a sudden you start confronting realities. The hilarious part is, now no one is there to take care of you. You are all by yourself. This sudden splurge into reality bewilders us. Since recently I watched the movie Interstellar, I can connect the situation to it, to rescue yourself from this reality or the situation of confronting reality is like going against gravity, it requires a hell lot of work. And you keep on striving. At a certain point you realize that unless you’re in a spacecraft and you’re acting in Interstellar there is no way for you to escape. I realized that there is no escape possible from reality. It is here my commonsense enlightened me for a second (which happens once in a while). If escaping reality is the challenge and if people are still here, then my world is a catastrophe.
From the past few months I understood that, it is the pursuit of happiness amidst these recurrent confrontations of reality which keeps us going. All the simple things we see every day are what transcend happiness. The little girl I use to see (still see) from the beginning of my university days still gives me faith in moving on. The raindrop which falls to your face all of a sudden, instead of shaking it off, letting it stay, looking up to the sky through the huge branches of green leaves hiding it, the view of the moon who is striving to get rid of the dark clouds, an earthworm who accidentally came out, racing back with all its might, the praying mantis who loves CFL bulb’s light, the feeling of water embracing your legs with its coldness, exploring a new place, falling down, standing up, running, sitting,talking all in one stretch, a laughing Buddha on your table and a bunch of roommates who only knows to crack jokes and make merry. The reality confronts me and kills me, but the happiness which dear, near and strange people and events gives me is what keeps me going.
Today I saw a group of five old women laughing their lungs out and crossing a road. Nothing around their world (not even the traffic) affected them for that moment. If the gravity which holds us is the reality, it is the little leaps we take off from ground, is the pursuit of happiness. And from the days I spent here, I have decided to take off from the ground often and that is my idea of pursuit of happiness. Who knows, maybe someday I can beat gravity and fly away.
P.S: Interstellar still haunts me for sure. :)
Comments
Post a Comment