DEAD POET
Dragging the bag I walked
A bunch of unpublished works
Did I miss anything?
Were my words meaningless?
I carefully moulded my poems
Like a mother mould’s her child
Placed each letter delicately,
Stepping back and savouring its beauty
At every instance of completion.
The words made a garland,
Each connected by a thin hidden line,
The line which connected them to me.
There I will trick the readers.
The hidden line is my thread
Every words were special pearls in it.
Pearls created from the –
Dirt and stains of experience.
But the garland was found ugly,
Hidden lines never recognised
My words meaningless without them,
Lay dead and soulless –
In front of me!
I picked them up,
Everyone one of them,
Did I miss one?
I should search then,
For the poem is my child,
The result of my –
Strained heart—if not,
It might stain the
Path of the new poets ...
Comments
Post a Comment